Escape from the Reality! (Part-1)

He could feel his heart beating. His hands were swithering as he could see nothing in front of him. He was standing at the edge of the Tippu Drop, Nandi Hills. The gushy air current hit his face and he could feel the death calling him. He had given all his hopes and had made up his mind to leave this wonderful world. He was just 20yrs like me and you. He was stranded in apathy and could envision the entire bad things happened to him recently. He knew his time had come. With shivering legs he moved his right leg forward... Suddenly he could hear a harsh voice coming from behind.


"Hey you! stop right there my son. What do you think you are doing?"

To his bewilderment he turned back and saw a man in his late 70's wearing a monkey cap covering his ears, baggy jeans, striped shirt which was bit torn here and there and worn out shoe.


"Stop right there old man! Don't you dare to come near me. I've decided not to live in this world anymore. You cannot stop me.. just go away."

"Alright Daksh. I'm not going to stop y0u. Why don't you procrastinate your suicidal attempt and talk to me for few minutes."


He was dumbfounded and his mind was thunderstruck.
"What the hell! How in this earth did you get to know my name?" awestruck Daksh asked the old man.

"Calm down my son. I know everyone's name is this world. I'm the one who created you." man said in his gentle voice.


"You think I'm gone mad here?? Someone just stops me before I jump and tells he is a god. Am I looking like a lunatic person to you?" said Daksh angrily.

Without raising his voice the man continued "Daksh, I'm lord Brahma. I'm the one who created mankind and this huge universe."


Daksh burst out laughing "hahaha.. Lord brahma??" pointing to him "Lord brahma in this attire with torn out baggy jeans?? hahaha.. now where are your other faces? Is it virtually hidden?"

Brahma without getting tempestuous "Son! Why do you believe what others say? Have you ever seen brahma with your naked eye before? People just assume things and write it. Can you show me evidence that brahma existed with four heads? Its all bullshit. Its me, the cool dude lord brahma!"

Daksh amused by brahma's words "wow! can't really believe. I'm really gonna become a maniac. hahaha.." his eyes rolled and sat there awestricken.

Brahma asked "Now Daksh tell me why were you trying something of this sort with your life? What made you do this?" with his eyebrows raised.


"I don't know. I mean there's lot of things which are frustrating me. This sick society, Corrupted politicians, frauds, cheaters, and beguilers. Last week I had participated in University level Debate competition. I had given my best shot and was well appreciated too. But the prize went to the college who hosted this event. I had seen that guy's performance, he was stammering a lot and didn't even deserve a prize. Judges, prize.. oh god.. everything is fixed and rigged up. I attended a placement interview and everyone were quite impressed the way I handled the proceedings. But later, voila! 'better luck next time'.. this is what I got. The girl whom I loved so much betrayed me. Politicians are corrupted, everyone thinks for their own benefit, I hate my country. This is not going to change or rather no is going to change. I can never sustain in this society with dignity. Even my kids might end up one day being a terrorist. I want to end here itself." Daksh with his disgruntled voice, threw a stone and started to weep.

Brahma said "Son, Come out of your misconceptions. Don't blame the society or politicians or people, blame yourself. You cannot change the things around you. Even if you become president or prime minister, you cannot fully change the minds of people. The change should be within you. First you should change and start thinking positively. You should spread the positive energy among everyone. Isn't there any single thing which has made you happy with your life? Aren't there any moments you would like to cherish every moment?? Have you thought about your mom and dad? They love you each and every single moment."

Daksh stopped him "Its not about me. I cannot survive in this bought, debased, corrupted and profaned community. May be I'm not suitable for this world. My intellectuals are completely different. huh!" sighed.

"This is the balance of nature. Good and Bad co-exist. You've to experience everything in your life the way it comes. Death should come in search of you. You shouldn't be going in search of death. Wake up my son, there is lot to achieve in this world for you. Okay, I know what you are still thinking. Just close your eyes." brahma said this and started muttering something.

contd...

5 comments:

Prajwal said...

dude... u r 21...:P

Prajwal said...

d old man in his 70's should ve been wearin sneakers...:D

Karthik said...

Nicely narrated man.. I think nobody attempts for suicide, if they fail in competition or something which looked quiet funny and there could have been a little more strong point in that.. Nice job DK..:):) Cheers..:):)

Dileep Karpur : The Illusionist said...

Its not about competation, its about frustration. Let me tell you if you lose something which you love the most, that's the most painful moment in your life. That example was just to show that corruption prevail everywhere.

abhi said...

Dk, its really good...i want u to write it fully..pls complete it fast:)